Water Design Cycle

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JOGioji42ieUp2N2oydk1HQnM/view <——– click this link to watch video

 

This is a group project that my team and I did together. The requirements for this project is to fill up the document and create a water filter to filter dirty water. We all had the same idea when we were brainstorming for designs for our filter. We all wanted to get a big plastic bottle and cut it in half, then put the top in a cup and put in random materials in our filter. So we went with that. For our first prototype we did not plan much, we just randomly dumped materials into the bottle to filter the water. We got a pretty good result but the sand added to the turbidity and caused the water to become slightly dirty. So for our 2nd prototype we just did not use sand but we put in big rocks and more layers of materials. We filtered a lot of the salt out. Our results for our final design were not finished, the salt still has to dry. But our main results were the pH was 3 the copper was 160 and the turbidity was low. I think the project was fun but sometimes we did not get things finish and we were kind of slow in making all of the designs.c