• I made some finishing touches and re-decorated some of my slides to make sure the sentences look short and easy to read. I also added a lot of pictures and examples to the main driving question and cited more sources. It was very important to me that my information are accurate, easy to read, eye-appealing to the audience and that there are images along with the information so that the audience doesn’t get bored. This topic was very important to me as my grandfather is a diabetic and I am going to use all of my knowledge that I had accumulated throughout this project to help him as best as I can!!
• In short, I mainly found that there are certain ways/equations to help you find your ideal body weight and number of calories needed to lose weight, what a diabetics’ diet should roughly look like, that there are existing scanners (such as SCiO, NIMA, Spectral Engines,…), how they use spectroscopy to work, and how all of that is crucial to answering the main driving question! Even though they can follow the slides, they can also check with a dietitian/nutritionist if they want. It is really up to them to make their lifestyle & habits healthier as the scanner and my product are just guidance and can only go so far because it actually all comes down to their MENTALITY & MOTIVATION (whether they are willing to WORK HARD for their goals or not)!!
• I mainly had problems with finding accurate information in the websites to cite the sources correctly as they did not provide the sourcing requirements that I needed. I also had to research a lot and skim through A LOT of websites because most of them didn’t contain any useful information and/or had super LONG essays that were practically not helpful to me at all. Yet I still had to skim through all of that! Researching is tough but I managed to gather all the information I needed in the end!
• My strengths were that I managed to stick to my schedule, which was mainly to get everything done and finalized during the weekends. Despite the hard research I went through, I found great informative websites that gave me different perspectives on the topic, allowing me to think more outside the box and consider more situations. I also found out that I have gotten better at summarizing things, organizing information and picking the main points from each text.
• My weaknesses were something everyone could relate to – time management. I did not REALLY procrastinate (I will explain what I mean by “not really”) as I kept my promise to work efficiently during the physics classes and the weekend. However, surprise pop quizzes, TESTS and other subjects’ homework & projects suddenly popped up throughout the weeks so I had to make changes to my timescale as I used my study hall and homework schedule (at home) to make room for all subjects!(I also planned to work in Study Hall and at home during weekdays but I didn’t). So I had to postpone the project to later dates so it is not really procrastinating because I was also working on other subjects!
• Anyways, here is my final product link!!!!!!!!!!!!!