I looked around my container and found out that my cricket died. This was my first death in the cricket and I found some reasons why it died.
When I opened the container, it seemed like everything was in order. The Plants were on alive, the leaves were being eaten by the cricket and everything was good. But there was one reason why my cricket died. There were moulds everywhere.
So my cricket managed to survive for about a week. I think the main reason why the cricket died is because there was mold on the carrots. One reason why there were molds in the carrots is because the container was humid and mold can grow in humid places. One way I will solve this is by removing carrots and adding more leaves. I think there was enough water for the cricke
t to drink, so that should be good to go. Since I learned that crickets eat leaves too, I don’t think they need carrots, just incase they eat the molds.
|Component||Amount incl Units||Reasoning|
|Leaves||3 leaves||Source of food for the cricket.|
|Water||20 grams||Water is the source of drink for the cricket and for the plants.|
|Brown dirt||1cm||For extra nutrients|
|Plants||2 plants||For food and for oxygen.|
|Nutrients (dead grass)||5 grams||For fertilization|
|Black dirt||2 cm||To store water|