UNDERWATER GAME - Dodge Ball Frenzy: “Adaptations”
By: Russell, Max, Dac Lan, KhaVy, Haley, and Ana
HOW TO PLAY:
- There are four goals and four teams which are wearing fins on each side of the pool.
- All of the teams will be split evenly and will each have one goal.
- All goals are evenly sized.
- There will be water dodge balls in the middle of the pool, and coins are scattered underwater.
- There will also be buckets with weights inside of them to keep them underwater.
- Lastly, there will be rings which will have a team’s water polo ball. A water polo ball worth 20 goals while a normal ball is only worth 1 goal.
- There will be teammates who have different jobs as well depending on your team's strategy, such as some will focus on getting as many coins as possible. Others might focus on scoring points through rings or goals. Some might protect their ring and goal from other teams.
- The objective of the game is to get as many points as possible in the given amount of time (10 minutes). In that time, you must first pick up all the coins inside the pool and put them in your bucket which is underwater. After, you must take the normal balls and try to shoot them into the other team’s goals. When there is only one minute left, a whistle will blow and you can take your water polo ball, and score it in another team’s empty ring. This will score you 20 points. When time is up, your team will grab your bucket and count all the coins you have collected, as well as count up all the points you have scored in goals or ring. The team with the most points wins and get one point.
- After that round, you rotate in clockwise and start over. This cycle will repeat until you have ended up back in the same spot as you were before. The team with the most rounds won at the end is the winner of the game.
- Same sized goals x4
- Water Dodge Balls x15
- Water polo balls x4
- Buckets x4
- Coins x50
- Weights x4
- Fins (Depends on how many players are in the game.)
- You cannot pick up the buckets until the game is done.
- You cannot hit or target people with the dodge balls.
- You can only score using the water polo ball at the last minute of the game.
- You can steal another's water polo ball if it is floating in the pool. You cannot take your ball out of the ring, and score over and over. You must leave it there.
- There can only be one water polo ball each ring.
- Once you’ve scored a goal, you cannot get the ball back out from the goal. You must swim away, and get a new one. Not the one you previously used.
- You cannot steal a ball someone is holding. You can only take a ball if you see it floating in the water.
- There may only be one goalie at each goal.
- Once the game is over, you will hear a whistle being blown. After the whistle is blown, you must stop what you are doing and listen to the teacher to directions. You may not score goals when the time is over.
- Goalies can take balls from out the goals and can throw them into the middle of the pool.
- Be careful of where you are swimming because of the fins you are wearing might accidentally hit someone.
- You cannot steal coins from the other team’s buckets.
- You can only hold one dodgeball when shooting goals.
- You can only grab 3 coins per travel back to your team’s bucket.
- You can only throw one ball in one net each then you can go and get another ball to throw in another net.(You cannot throw the same ball in the same net.)
- Be honest about your goals that you have scored when telling your score.
- Be safe and aware of the others around you.
- Everyone should be active.
- Have fun! May the best win.
Link to Document:
UNDERWATER FOOTAGE OF GAME: