Hello! Last week, we went to Cat Tien and stayed there for 2 nights and 3 days and we did activity there :). We did several cool activity there and now I have to answer some questions let’s go!
1. One of the places we went in Cat Tien is the Moon Bear Center and the before the Moon Bear was release to do their daily routine, we got some food and put food around the place they will be release. Some food they gave us is peanut butter, apples, pear, bananas and watermelon. After were done the moon bears is released, the moon bears used their paws to reach the ones on the trees and it looks so cute :3
2. At Cat Tien you would expect a lot of dirty stuff and bugs in the cabins but it’s a lot better than I expected and the food was pretty good. One thing that I’ve never seen before is Moon Bears, Scorpions and Gibbons! One of my favorite moments is the food, these two activitys called Night Safari and Night Sensory Hike because I just love the night! I like the night safari because we get to sit on a truck (?) and look for animals and I like the night sensory hike because we walked into the woods without any lights and sometimes lie down on the road to enjoy the stars :3.
3. Well we have a unit going on which mostly about sustainability and going to Cat Tien connects to sustainability because there is a natural habitat and there is a ton of resources that could be used again and again for example: A TON of trees and water and other things.
So yesterday, we started on reading about the ecosystem and how it work and we started to do something called close reading, also we have to answer some questions too so let’s do it ^-^
Describe what Close Reading is
1. Close reading is where you start reading to search about one thing then you read it again to find answers for another reason and you read again until you find all the things you want to know.
Did you actually read the text 3 times?
2. I did read the text three times 🙂
Did you read the text again before filling out the 3 sections, or did you look at #2 and #3 and just try to answer them without rereading the entire text?
3. I read the text again and answer #2 and #3!
What is a Main Idea? Can you give an example in your explanation?
4. A main idea is like the ‘boss’ for each paragraph and each paragraph has to support what the main idea is trying to say, it’s like a title of a book and the pages of the book helps to support the title and what it is trying to say.
How can Close Reading help you…think about heading to middle school and high school…
5. It might help by helping you get the right idea of what’s the main idea of a book and the books are going to be harder to understand and you need summarize the hard books especially the non-fiction ones.
Hi! This week we are starting a new unit called Green Dragon where we mostly focus about the environment and how we could protect the environment.
Today, we learned about the sustainability practices which means that we practicing on how to make things ongoing and living, and we started on brainstorming on how could we ‘protect’ a certain place etc homes, school
I also have some question:
1.Why is have to learn sustainability practices
2. Where do you need it most
I also know that I have to know how to protect and keep certain things safe and I always heard of “save the environment” and I haven’t actually know how to save the environment with different ways except to “not using this product”.
Anyways that is it for now so bye!
This week, we started this project in Grade 5 called “Hack Your Classroom” where we try to make something that will be helpful for the classroom and we have three things that we could try to make it in. We could make it with a VR, 3D Printer and with the LittleBits. I chose the 3D Printing since it is cool and I am working with my partner Grace! Our design is this “tray” that fits in your desk and it will separate the things, this is our plan because sometimes it is hard to find the things you need so we planned it to be like a tray with these wall/separator that separates the important things you need for school.
Hi! It has been a long time that I posted here! So my math topic now is quadrilateral and this is my question for the day! And it’s a true or false type of thing.
1. This shape is a quadrilateral?
a. True, because it has four sides
2. This shape is a trapezoid?
a. No because it doesn’t have all the angles in a trapezoid
3. This shape is a rhombus
a. No, because it doesn’t have some if the rhombuses features
4. This shape is a parallelogram?
a. No, because it doesn’t have any acute angles
5. This shape is a rectangle?
a. Yes, because it has four sides, four right angles, and it has 2 pair of parallel sides
Hi! We are doing a reflection on this amazing book named The Lemonade War!
What book are we reading in class together?
Ans: The Lemonade War
What is the conflict between the two main characters?
Ans: They are having a lemonade war because Jesse skipped a grade and moved to 4 grade and that makes Evan mad thinking that the classmate will think he is a loser?
What would YOU do if you were Jesse, and coming home from the beach?
Ans: I would ignore until he speaks about the results
What would YOU do if you were Evan, and coming home from your friend’s pool?
Ans: I would probably be really silence around Jesse like nothing happened
Any other thoughts you have in reflection about this book.
Hi! This week we are starting on multiplying decimals and we just did (from the day I posted this) some practice with these visual blocks and most of us (counting me) got the first question wrong, probably because we don’t know our place value (only maybe). In the morning, we need to color each questions to overlap it and the overlaped one should be the answer to the main question.
Well there is not much to say so bye!
Hi! Early this week we changed our writing section from realistic-fiction to non-fiction, we started our non-fiction by asking questions for ourself also we searched about the things we like to know about for example: Oceans, Technology… Well I’m sorry that I can’t explain more because we just started the session but our teacher asked us to do a reflection of how is it so far so I’ll do that now:
1. All I’ve done so far in my inquiry journey is by searching on the laptop so far
2. The challenge so far is who to ask to help with my question because the laptop does not have the question I want answered and we can only use the site named InfoBits.
3. What I am excited about is that….I could know more about my top question and I am learning
4. My question is:
- How could flying animals fly?
- How is the Earth created?
- How does the Black Hole suck sunlight?
4. How can flying animals fly?
But my main question is:
1. How does the touch screen mechanics work etc. iPad, some other tablet
Well that is all my question so bye!
Hi! Our math subject has been changed and it is now about decimal and our teacher asked us to do a reflection so lets do it!
1. How did you decide when you were close enough to 1?
Answer: I know it is close to 1 when it is five hundred thousandths and up.
2. What method did you use to estimate your answer?
Answer: I just plus the tenths first so I know where the answer will land in.
3. Is it easier to estimate tenths or hundredths? Why?
Answer: It is more easier to estimate tenths because it is just one number and it will get a quick answer
4. Did anyone use a different strategy?
Answer: I don’t think so…
5. What operation did you use to help you?
Answer: Probably adding but multiplication is fine too!
Thats all the question so bye!
Hi! Us fifth grader did an amazing race around District 1. We first ran to the van so we can go to go District 1 then we walked (not run or go by taxi or go by bus) to 7 different stations in 7 different location.
The stations is about:
1. Our first station was this park named Tao Dan and we took thirty minutes (just because we walked in circle) and we learned how to make a injured-look foot, the person lie down somewhere the we take four wooden planks then lay it on each side of the leg to keep it still, then we wrap some bandage around the leg!
2. Second, we went to a tiny roadblock and the yellow balloon was so small that we went passed it and we didn’t noticed Ms. Kim (the person in charged of the station). After we saw her sitting there chilling, we did her task where we buy a type of drink that doesn’t contain sugar and we bought water in Subway.
3. The next one was a relief because it was Takashimaya!!!!! The one that has modern things and air conditioner!!!! We try to find the ingredients in the list and list it in order by the sodium section. Mr. Edwards was in Mcdonalds
4. We almost lost him until we see him ordering a Mcdonalds, we went in and Mr Edwards let us eat our lunch for 30 minutes.
5. We went into a road filled with books and more, we saw Ms. Chi waiting with patience for us, she was next to a bank holding a coding type puzzle piece of paper in her hand. We need to find out the letter that is a match to a number which is labeled in the actual thing, it took us 15 minutes to figure it out.
Anyways it was fun and I’ll end this blog so bye!