CREATIVITY ACTIVITY SERVICE
General questions followed by a range of specific questions you should aim to reflect about and document.
‘Service’ Focus Questions / things to note:
1) Where did you go to do service?
I was a part of Smile Bank and went to an orphanage in the beginning of the year.
2) Describe what you did at your service experience.
3) What were the different ways you helped out? Explain.
Because the children in the orphanage are affected by Agent Orange, most of them were not able to eat or do the basic living standards by themselves. Therefore I played with the children that could ‘handle’ themselves and fed the children during lunch.
4) Tell us more about your interactions with the people you worked with.
I met a girl in the orphanage called Hue, and had a good experience with interacting with her such as playing games although we could not necessarily talk to each other.
5) Did you come to any new understandings because of your service experience? This can be about the people you worked with, or the situation or things you have been thinking about.
There was not something new that I experienced in particular, but it is always a good experience every single time I go for service activities because I always meet new people including the children themselves as well as the advisors and volunteers.
‘Creativity’ Focus Questions / things to note
- What medium (photo, film, painting, dance, theatre drawing, etc) are you working in?
I am a part of MUN and we are planning to attend two different MUN conferences – UNISMUN and SAIMUN, and I am planning to attend the SAIMUN meeting, thus is researching for various articles.
- What specific creation are you working on at the moment?
As mentioned above, I am most likely attending SAIMUN and I have not started in anything particular because I am currently not assigned a committee nor a delegate of a country.
- What is your inspiration OR How did you generate ideas for this creation?
- What skills are you developing? Explain how these skills improve with each reflection.
I am passionate with debating and it is the main reason that I applied for MUN, and I am excited to find various articles and improve my research, debate and speaking skills. In addition, more knowledge with the specific topic.
- What ideas do you wish your work to communicate?
Because the MUN topics are unpredictable as well as the country you get chosen for MUN, I think one of the funs of doing MUN is figuring and adjusting yourself to a topic or an opinion.
- Do you think this was successful?
Physical ‘Activity’ Based Questions / things to note
- What is your activity?
For semester 1, I was a part of the volleyball team.
- What encouraged you to choose it?
I have joined the volleyball team since 7th grade and I joined because I am passionate with the sport.
- What skills are you hoping to learn?
Throughout every volleyball season in high school, I hope to improve my skills in overhand, bumping as well as setting.
- What skills are you focusing on in particular that you would like to improve?
My goal is to be a strong setter by the end of sophomore year.
- Explain your participation.
- What do you notice about your progress?
By constantly building my muscles and stamina using the fitness room at school, I will improve my skills that are needed as the setter. N/A
- How have you collaborated with others in your activity?
The teamwork we had in our JV team was very tight and I have asked others to coach me.
- What things have you noticed have changed weekly / monthly? This can include both physical and emotional changes?
- What are you learning about others in participating in this activity?
I learned that the more bond there are between teams, the teams tend to be stronger and therefore improve faster in various skills.
- What are you learning about yourself?
In specific to myself, I learnt my basic skills in volleyball and different ways to play a game in volleyball instead of rotating constantly every time a point is given to the opposing team.
- Is there anything that surprises you about your progress?
- Is there any more goals and targets you would like to concentrate on?