Wow! This is the VERY first drama production at school! At first I thought it wasn’t going to be fun, but at the end, it EPIC! So the story was about Skyler’s Birthday and her older brother, Charlie took over. They were stuck in the backyard. The parents went to get more pizza, while they were gone the kids ruled the house like a country and Charlie ruled it. Here are a few photos:This is Skyler, the birthday girl!
On this unit we were learning about operations with fractions ( +, – and *), but when we started to learn about it,I already knew a lot about it. And one of the things I don’t know how was the models. I thought the standards are different and they are only a bit different. Here are the standards:
This standard is about if we know how to DECOMPOSE.
This one is about adding and subtracting MIX NUMBERS.
This is about MULTIPLYING FRACTIONS WITH A WHOLE.
This one is about subtracting with SAME DENOMINATORS.
Lastly, this one is about adding and subtracting with mixed numbers.
Today we went to the rainbow bridge for our field trip with Tracy Lee, she is an eco artist. Back to the field trip, our class first activity was dipping fabric in the water to see how dirty our water is. (Here is a photo).
Next we were a bit behind schedule so we went to eat lunch and we played a bit too! The second activity was writing poems about nature or the river. Here is my poem I wrote:
gives me peace,
blow the breeze!
This is my fantasy story! I was stuck when I began, I had lots of ideas, but it was too difficult. I had 4 worlds, more than 5 characters and too much stuff to plan and drawing. Now I have so many simple things. Now my story is done! Then when I began my story, I was stuck! Then I had to make up Ideas to start my story. Once when I writing a part, I forgot to connect the story so I had to go back fix then the teacher checked, but still fix and once more than finally print and make the cover too!!😓 I also had a time limit!
Today sports day was the BEST than any other sports day. The best part of sports day was I get to be with my friend and at the end of sports day, I was all dry! The worst part was that I got so many injuries! My favourite station was the drinks area because the drinks are yummy! The least favourite station for me is musical buckets because I got out so quickly! It was fine that I got wet early because I didn’t sweat! 😄😎
Yesterday we went to a University, the University is called RMIT it stands for: Royal Melbourne Institution Tech. We are learning in school about robots and energy, so we went there to learn more about energy and robots. There were a lot of technology stuff there! (Example: 3D printers). First Project was making a salt water battery! We used copper foil, aluminum foil, tissue, and saltwater. Next was looking at robots and played with robots. Our first robot was alpha robot. It could dance, sing, and do action! It could even do pushups! Second robot was the baxter robot. He could make coffee too! Here is a video of us in the field trip!
This whole unit 2 was about multiplication and division. I learned about 4 or 5 strategies for multiplication and division, the first one is partial products and partial quotients. I like to do the partial quotients because it is easy for me to do. Another strategy is the hangman, it is for division. You just have to do it like algorithm division. This is partial quotients!! This is partial products!!
What I need to work on is to check my work and double calculate my work, and now I know how to show my thinking now I could write down my strategies because I used to not know other ways, but now I do know!
We have been learning about energy so far. We have learned 4 different things, so the first one is:
Energy Car Challenge: We had materials in the maker space, but a limited amount of materials, and they are: 3 bottle caps, 2 sticks, 2 wires, a motor, a battery, a straw, and 2 popsicle sticks.We had a partner, but we failed.We did another challenge, wind up car investigation too! My group measured how far it could go by the tiles. Another challenge was lighting a lightbulb! We had 2 D cell batteries, 2 wires and 2 paperclips. Lastly, we made a battery with copper, foil and cardboard soaked in vinegar.
What I learned was a home made battery is a working battery! And that lighting a light bulb is easy! The homemade battery is can light up a lightbulb too! I also learned that it is sometimes hard to make a car and to make it move on its own!