This picture is a lego volcano which me and my partner built. We built this because we have been studying geology for the past couple of months and we studied a bit about volcanoes and how they erupt as well as a lot of other things about volcanos. This is a volcano because it is like a mountain getting steeper and steeper and there is a hole on top where the magma can go out of. Volcanoes form when two tectonic plates collide and create a mountain range and then subduction happens this is when one of the plates goes down and melts create magma and a magma chamber that slowly can go up and make the volcano erupt. In all this unit has taught me a lot about volcanoes and how they form and what they actually do.
1. In PE we've been doing a unit on archery. We learned to load the bow, how to handle the bow and how to aim. we also learned the right stance for when you shoot.
2. Targeting is when you have your bow loaded and you aim at the target. I think at the moment we are just getting the hang of it and we are doing pretty well, I think we still need to work on some more.
3. In archery it is very important to have the right stance if you stand wrong it could affect the shot and where it goes. Your chest must be sideways to the wall.
4. In archery if you want your shot to be accurate you must pull the string back not too much but not too little. if you pull back to much you will over shoot and if you pull back too little you will hit the ground.
5. grouping is where the arrows are on the target after you have shot a couple arrows at the target. This is after you have shot.
The problem here is that I was not standing right my chest was towards thetarget.
When we started this unit I only knew about dictatorship,democracy and communism but now I know there are many more I never knew about
I think it is important to know these government because you need to tell the different between the good and bad government and also to know who is running your country.
I think democracy is the best form of government because it lets people vote on who can represent their country the best. I also think it is good because if it wasn't then ancient Greece wouldn't have stayed with it for so long
Just do it! Nike is a very popular brand among athletes, and we are here to find out what the purpose of their slogan is. We think that it means to take risks and don't be afraid to try new sports. We think Nike actually chose Just Do It as their slogan because people these days, care how others think about them. By saying Just Do It, this might make people try something new too. When people take risks, people will succeed and when you fail, try again. In sports, if you don't take risks, you will not be able to accomplish anything. Nike is one of the highest quality sports gear you can get. So remember Just do it!
This week lit circle went well because everyone read to where they were suppose to and took notes. As a result of our discussion we learned words we kind of skipped and did not put in our vocabulary we also learned what our teammates thought about our book. For the next lit circles I think it is going to be even better because every time we do it we get more experience doing it and it results in a better lit circle.
Today in Digital Literacy we did some Robotics with the Humming Bird. This was the first time I worked with humming bird. For today's lesson we had to try to turn on the LED and for a while we couldn't get it to work and then Ms. Bailey told us that we had to take the plastic off because Plastic and Metal do not conduct together. I think next time we need to finish doing the LED and try to think more and look at other people's more, because we looked but I think we didn't look carefully enough.
I think I was most successful during the beginning of the year when the topics were much easier.
I am unhappy with my Aleks Progress because I have been slacking and not have been doing it at home because the Topics are getting harder and harder. It seems like I left the hard ones to the end and now I regret it.
I think for next quarter I will try to do Aleks at home a lot more and if I am stuck I will ask my parents or wait for school the next day.