What will be easy?
- I think that the process of making the chair sculpture would be kind of easy.
What will be challenging?
- I think that the time management would be hard. I think that I will struggle with timing my sculptures, so that I will be able to finish the project on time.
What ideas do you have already?
- Right now I have almost finished my overall plan for my chair sculpture, so I have a good idea of what I am going to do for this project.
Why do we use the design process and not just take our first idea?
- Because usually the first ideas will be the most basic and most simple ideas we have, so the more we brainstorm the deeper we think and the better the ideas we get.
What are you looking forward to about this task?
- I am really looking forward to see how my chair will turn out because right now I have no idea how my chair will look like when i actually finished. I know that I will somehow change the something about my plan when I am making the chair, so I don’t really know what will happen.
What topic are you thinking of? Why?
- The topic that I chose is the movie that recently came out “Doctor Strange”. I chose it because of all the actions and the mystical and strange things that happen throughout the movie. I wanted to make the chair look kind of mysterious, strange and just weird.
- I will be making the “falling” buildings when Doctor Strange was getting chased. I will probably be using cardboard and plaster or paper-mache to make the buildings.
- In the space on the top of the chair, I will be making the sign of Doctor Strange. I will probably be using cardboard and plaster too. The sign will be sticking out on each side (back and front of the chair)
- There will be the red cape/coat hanging on the side of the chair.
- There will be a fight scene on the bottom part of the chair
- There will be also small details like cars on the side
- On the bottom side of the chair, there will be tape sculptures that are made to look like crystals that are triangular
- Finally , there will be statues on the top of the chair as well
Link of Pintrest : https://www.pinterest.com/dophuongtam7/art-chair-sculptures/
Progress Videos :
This technique ties into my chair sculpture because I will be using this method to make the crystals on the sides of my design. I will probably get a piece of cardboard and cut it into a triangle, so that I can wrap the tape around. I have never tried this method before so I’m a little worried about how it will turn out, but I think that it will work.
Reflect on Progress Grade :
I was expecting that my grade wouldn’t be very high, but not too low, so i agree with my grade. I wasn’t very suprised. I know that i need to get a lot of things done, so I will try my best to go as fast as I can for then next 14 classes.
Day 1 – Plaster and paint movie symbol
Day 2 – Stick the building onto the chair and work on the tape sculpture
Day 3 – Finish tape sculpture
Day 4 – Make and start plastering the buildings on the top
Day 5 -Work on plastering the buildings on the top
Day 6 – Finish plastering
Day 7 – Make the small details (cars, people)
Day 8 – Put everything together
Day 9 – Paint, finishing details
Day 10 – Done
Progress Videos :
Process Videos :