Hello! You’re about to play an educational and choose your future game. Enjoy!
- As you go along and choose different paths to go to, you will be followed by pieces of information that you can learn along the way.
- When you make a very life changing event during the event, reasons of why the path you chose would be good or bad.
- You will play until you end up at an MEDC.
- You start at an LEDC.
- You’ll also need this password if you want to access the pages: developgame
- Start here!
My Grandpa’s Duck Noodle Soup
Mi Vit Tiem is a traditional Chinese dish that has grown to be a family tradition in my family. Now every time we have a party or celebration, we have this dish as the main course. It is also better to contain special spices for seasoning, such as lotus seeds, jujubes, and ginkgo leafs.
- 1 whole duck
- 1 package flavored with five spices
- 2 star anise
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- 2 cardamom
- 10 pieces of shiitake mushrooms
- 50gof dried needle mushrooms
- 50g of ginkgo
- 50g of red jujubes
- 50g of lotus seeds (fresh or dry depending on the season)
- 200g of egg noodles
- Some extra spices: ginger, soy sauce, salt, sugar, oyster sauce, cooking oil, honey
- Pickled papaya
- Bok choi
- Clean the duck, season it with some salt, sugar, and a little honey (Do this on a pan).
- Then marinate the duck with the Five Spices powder for about an hour.
- Place the pan on the stove and put oil in the pan.
- Fry the duck until you get a golden brown color on the outside.
- Soak the shiitake, foot, and needle mushrooms. After that, peel the ginkgo.
- Put the cooked duck into a pot, then pour water approximately to the same level of the duck.
- Season the duck with salt, sugar and soy sauce, to give it salinity.
- Boil the duck and then remove the fat on the surface of the water. The left over liquid will be you soup.
- Put the some cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, and ginger, all in a bag.
- Drop the bag of spices into the pot of duck broth, cook it in low heat for about 15 minutes while doing this step.
- Put a few jujubes and some shiitake mushrooms, lotus seeds, and ginkgo on the duck. Continue cooking the duck until it’s soft (this takes about 45 minutes).
- Taste the duck and soup again, and add more spices if needed.
- After the last step drop a needle mushroom into some boiling water, then turn off the heat.
- Use the pot of boiled water and add the egg noodles (make sure you stir carefully in 2 minutes).
- Drain the noodles to separate it from the water.
- Finally, put the cooked noodles in a bowl, then pour the duck meat and duck broth over the noodles; if you want to, you can serve all of it together with pickled papaya and steam bok choi.
Scan the code to start your own adventure! If you can’t scan the QR Code, then use this link: Poverty